Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Cookie Castles and Mountains to Climb

Well my birthday was super exciting!  We actually made a cookie castle with a Rice Krispy base and cookie bricks! Then since the snow wasn't adequate for snowmen so we built a snow pile and jumped into it, a lot! Some elders did back flips and stuff but they're much cooler than me!




Then we ate dinner at a members house where they gave us a present and a cake!


On Thursday, for district lunch, we had a Thanksgiving (American) feast... So that was interesting. Then last night we had our ward Christmas dinner... so don't mind me if I'm fat for a little while!





Photo bomb!


We went on exchanges (switching companions for 24 hours) and me and one sister training leader (Sister Rogers) had so many adventures! It's always strange going to family ward areas because I've been with YSA for literally my entire mission! Anyways, their district leader (a certain Tagalog, Elder Koochin of the British Columbia) asked them to pray for "mountains to climb." I absolutely love that!  Experiencing trials helps us to witness miracles!

So last week we helped wrap presents for an organization. This weekend we went back to help with the actual Christmas party and we had the privilege of fitting kids for brand new winter coats and accessories! It was so much fun! We met so many people! One of our new friends came with us to the ward Christmas party! Her name is Hurricane, but we like to call her Hurk! Serving those around us not only helps individuals, but communities as a whole... and great friends can come from the experiences!



I encourage everyone to get out and serve, aside from the stables (where the Christmas thing was). My companion and I volunteer at a bike shop/ ports supply place for underprivileged children - not only in Edmonton but around the world, at a food bank (those places ALWAYS need help); at Habitat For Humanity Re-Store; and just for any people in the community who need it!

So get out and serve! I promise that you'll be blessed as you do so. 

Just remember Mosiah 2:17 

"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

Also, the church launched its new Christmas campaign and video. Remember the true meaning of Christmas and take time for the Saviour this holiday season! Check out Christmas.mormon.org for more!



Love you all so much!

Sister Baker


No comments:

Post a Comment