Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Charity is SO Much More!

Hello friends and family!

Man, this week flew right on by! I don't even know what happened!

Well this week we walked a lot, so we could have more opportunities to talk to people, and we did get a lot more! So that was awesome!

General Conference was sooo good! I love hearing the prophet and apostles speak! Since coming on my mission I mad a goal to write out questions I had the week before conference and then listen and study afterward for the answers. Once again, the questions were mostly answered one way or another! It's crazy to think that this was the last General Conference I'll hear while on my mission! Missions just fly right on by! I've learned so, so much though.  Every day I learn more about myself too!

I went on my second exchanges as a district leader yesterday and had a blast! I got to go with my trainee's trainee, so that was good! We went contacting and did all sorts of fun stuff while our companions were sick in Wainwright. Poor companions! :( We had a blast though, and really worked hard to talk to as many people as possible!

I studied the topic charity yesterday and found an awesome quote! It's from Elder Marvin J. Ashton,

"Charity is, perhaps, in many ways a misunderstood word. We often equate charity with visiting the sick, taking in casseroles to those in need, or sharing our excess with those who are less fortunate. But really, true charity is much, much more. Real charity is not something you give away; it is something that you acquire and make a part of yourself. And when the virtue of charity becomes implanted in your heart, you are never the same again. It makes the thought of being a basher repulsive. Perhaps the greatest charity comes when we are kind to each other, when we don’t judge or categorize someone else, when we simply give each other the benefit of the doubt or remain quiet. Charity is accepting someone’s differences, weaknesses, and shortcomings; having patience with someone who has let us down; or resisting the impulse to become offended when someone doesn’t handle something the way we might have hoped. Charity is refusing to take advantage of another’s
weakness and being willing to forgive someone who has hurt us. Charity is expecting the best of each other."

That's my spiritual thought for the week. I've really come to understand charity so much more on my mission! I love these people! I know they're God's children and that He wants them back! I know it's my calling and duty to reach out to them and strengthen their faith in Jesus Christ and their hope for a brighter day. I love what I do! I love who I'm becoming!

Watch General Conference if you haven't had the opportunity yet!

https://www.lds.org/general-conference?cid=HP_SU_2-10-2016_dPFD_fGC_xLIDyL1-C_&lang=eng

 Have a wonderful week! I love you all so much!

Love,
Sister Baker


BOM Cake Boss for mutual last week! The youth did awesome! Guess the stories.





This cement with an awesome random leaf imprinted on it.

It's definitely fall!

Terry Fox run. All 4 schools in Wainwright participated, they walked right past our apartment! We had never seen so many people in this town!


Yes. Christ is the answer. Haha! Cool door while contacting on exchanges.

 On exchanges with my grand baby (trainee of my trainee)! How cool is that!

 Just exchanging back! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment