Wednesday, August 3, 2016

S'More Dragon Bites Please!

Hello friends and family!

Well, I'm not feeling super email-y, and I'm running out of computer time!

So I'll give you all a day by day run through!

S'more dip... I'm in heaven!


 Tuesday, nothing that exciting happened.  We had a fun gospel night with a Brother and he talked about the Book of Mormon and how he's read it so so many times, each with a new purpose.  I appreciated that, because reading it with a purpose is the best!

Wednesday, we had a bajillion lessons all day, and ran from place to place!

Thursday was more of the same! Except we did go out to Mucho Burrito with some members, and that was "muy delicioso!"

Friday we did our weekly planning, and we got to eat yummy Navajo tacos and make donuts! We talked about the Priesthood with a less active member and talked about how the Priesthood never leaves him. He already has it. All he needs to do is to live worthily of its power!

Saturday nothing too exciting happened. We did get to have a lesson with a cute less active Mandarin couple, where we helped them learn English too! That was super fun! We talked about Doctrine and Covenants 18:3-4 and how important the scriptures are!

"And if you know that they are true, behold, I give unto you a commandment, that you rely upon the things which are written;
For in them are all things written concerning the foundation of my church, my gospel, and my rock."

Sunday we still had all the church stuff, like usual! Then we had a delicious dinner and played a fishers of men game. :)

Yesterday was Heritage Days where we got to volunteer with the local food bank, handing out maps of the festival and collecting food bank donations! That was fun! We ran around like maniacs on our break though to try to see everything! We saw these Chinese dragons and one posed for pictures. Then he literally charged me and bit my hand! Those "teeth" are strong! But it was super fun! We saw a lot! I can't wait to come back for it next year!
 








 
We also got transfer calls on Monday and we are staying together here! But there's no longer a set of Elders in each ward, but one set over both wards just like us! So that was a bit of a change!



That was about it! I'm so happy to be serving out here! My testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ has grown so much and I know it will continue to do so!
 
Hope you all have a fabulous week!

Love from Sister Baker!

No comments:

Post a Comment