Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Buffet Busting and Bison

What a long week!


Sometimes the amount of things that happen in one week is just insane! But hello friends and family! I miss and love and pray for each of you each day.  I hope that you're doing well.



 Can you believe it's already March? I can't! I've almost been out on the mission for 7 months! That's only two months away from halfway! I am not prepared! But it's still nice and cool here. We've been getting some snowfall as of late!

I guess I'll start with Wednesday night. We had called a former referral, and he said he wasn't that interested. But that night I felt like we should walk downtown. So we drop the car off that the
apartment and walk over and I felt like we should go see him since he works at a movie store in town. When we met up with him,  he told us about some crazy experiences he had that led him to believe that atheism wasn't for him. And we were able to set up an appointment for this week. It was pretty great! Then on Thursday we went down halfway from here and Edmonton to meet the sister training leaders for exchanges. It was an adventure. I got to bring sister Lytle up here for a day. We lived in the same apartment in Edmonton and split off a lot when Sister Rogers was sick. It was crazy to be back with her! We encountered some toilet trouble while she was here and we're still patiently waiting for repairs! Haha! ...but it's always fun! We got to teach seminary again on Friday and we talked about Esther and standing up for our beliefs and being an example. Then Sister Lytle and I talked a lot together about how we should always be repenting and trying to be better and follow
Christ and how to ask imported questions on the way down to Smoky Lake to meet the other sisters!






 When Sister To and I were reunited we stopped by some people in Bonnyville.  We were getting back in our car when we saw a Filipino lady walking down the street and decided to talk to her! She's nannied in Hong Kong and is now here and she is so sweet! Hopefully we'll be able to meet with her sometime! Then we went out for Chinese buffet because we were starving. It hurt (so full)! But it was so good!

We had the privilege of attending a funeral on Saturday morning of a sweet older lady related to half the ward. It was the first funeral I ever attended and it was really touching. Life is so precious! This ward is so sweet. So many people came and supported the family. :)

On Sunday we were able to see the flip side because we taught sharing time in primary. That was an adventure. We played "sisters say" and talked about prophets. We made senior primary do some role plays about certain prophets and they're all too funny! We've been getting a lot of compliments and thanks lately for bringing the Spirit with us and it's really neat how close I'm able to feel to the Holy Ghost and how I am constantly and consistently being guided by him.

We got to go on a tour of a bison farm yesterday! That was neat! The biggest buffalo you see is Hughie. He's an 8 year old bull. I learned quite a bit about them. Enjoy the pictures. :)





An article I love this week is "Lord, Is It I?" By Pres. Uchtdorf, we could all do well to ask ourselves if there's anything that we need to change in our lives. :)


https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/10/lord-is-it-i?lang=eng

 I also got to see a sneak peek of the new Easter video," Follow Him". It is so good! Watch last year's "He Lives." I also love that video. :)


He Lives


 Have a wonderful week, I love you all!

Sister Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment