Tuesday, November 10, 2015

First Snow and Extending Commitments

Hello Friends and Family!
 
This week was jam packed with meetings but I suppose I saw a few great things!
First off, in two weeks I'll have been out for 3 months! Crazy how time flies!
 
My companion found a real life Canadian maple leaf!  Haha!
 
We had a zone meeting where we talked about extending commitments. Without  making commitments, progression is not possible! The same topic came up in a Stake Mission meeting with members later on in the week! There are so many ways to help those around us feel the Spirit.  If we are living righteously then others can see the Spirit within us.  They notice the difference and will become naturally curious. When that happens invite them! So I challenge you to invite someone to something this week.  It could be big like reading the Book of Mormon or coming to church, or something smaller like coming to dinner with the missionaries, or a ward event!
Don't ever be afraid to open your mouth and testify simply. Faith overcomes fear. Always.
 
Elder Moeller is from Ontario... he's the shorter one.  Maybe someone remembers him!?

The Edmonton temple

Also, IT SNOWED! On November 1st! And it has been on and off since then! Nothing has stuck yet though, so that's a blessing! But it is cooling off.  My companion from Arizona isn't too thrilled! Haha!
 
 
On a different note I suppose, a bunch of us missionaries are planning on doing another hot chocolate booth for Remembrance Day! I'll let you all know how that goes next week!

We've volunteered at Habitat for Humanity's warehouse and the food bank now.  That's fun!
 
 
Hmm... I guess I'll end by inviting you to help out the missionaries by giving people rides to church on Sunday or church events. It is so hard to find rides over here sometimes. The missionaries NEED YOU! Don't be fooled!
 
Went with Tagalog to a lesson and the family gave us these rice cakes wrapped in banana leaves. I think they're called "suban" or like it! It's yummy warn with sugar and syrup though!

 
Sending my best from Edmonton,
Love,

Sister Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment