Tuesday, February 16, 2016

A New Companion, New Car and a New Oven!

Woah. It's been almost a week in Cherry Grove! How crazy! But it's been a blast!


My new companion is sister To. She's a convert too and I love her. She's awesome! There is so much work in Cherry Grove! Teaching older people and children is so different, but I'm having fun. I got to say goodbye to sister Gambler last week and then headed out to the companion swap where I got to say goodbye to Sister Rush before she headed home. So crazy how fast missions go!



 So at the meeting I found out we were trading in our truck :( It was so sad! But we did get a brand new 2016 Nissan Rogue... so that was nice. It has four wheel drive, which is good considering how much snow it gets here. Last week it was +12 and this week it's -12. Big difference! But I don't mind too much. It looks beautiful.





Everyone has a farm and a giant dog out here. It's awesome! This one was huge, but so sweet.



 The ward is so nice out here. It's nice to see so many members, but it's a little strange. They asked me to introduce myself/bear my testimony in sacrament meeting out of the blue because the youth speaker wasn't there. Good thing I'm not shy! Then sister To gave a talk and a member of the bishopric. It was really great! Then we got to teach the laurels (16-18 years old) in YW about adversity and we read "I Will Not Fail Thee, Nor Forsake Thee" by Pres. Thomas S. Monson, and "Claim the Blessing of Your Covenants," two really good talks. Then we ate cupcakes. :) that I made in our new oven! When I got here the oven didn't work and someone gave us a ton of bananas and I was wondering how we could make banana bread, but then we had an inspection and two days later, a new oven. Woo! It's so cool working here.

I can now say I've been to 4 provinces, because our bishop lives in Saskatchewan, 5 minutes from the chapel! Hahaha! It's been neat. I've seen lots of deer, and dogs.....and cows, and horses. I love it. :)






Have a great week!


Sister Baker <3

1 comment:

  1. Cool pics! It is crazy how time goes by so quickly when you are doing something you are passionate about, and I bet you never even think of it as being "work"! I wanted to ask you about your new Nissan Rogue. How have you found the four wheel drive to be? I hear some talk about the Kia being better.

    Douglass @ Viva Kia

    ReplyDelete