Monday, August 24, 2015

Leaving the MTC... Edmonton Here I Come!

Hello friends and family! 
 


Oh man! It's my last day in the MTC!!! How crazy is that! Where did the time go? Also, have I not been here for months? Time is so weird here! (It's only been 2 weeks) So much happens everyday, it's hard to keep track! 

I've stayed my full 12 days here at the MTC and I leave tomorrow at 2:30am for Edmonton! Today and yesterday we said goodbye to all the Elders in our district, it was pretty tough on us all, we had a testimony meeting last night and then awkwardly said goodbye to them after films... they brighten up our days and provide comical relief in every situation! I may or may not have shed more tears saying goodbye... shhhh! Our family is now broken up and it doesn't feel the same without them! They'll all be great missionaries though and I hope to one day see them, again! Side note: they say I have an accent when saying "sorry" and consistently pointed it out and mocked it this week; they even had one of my teachers and the other district in on it :P They also occasionally did "Canadian Calls" to find me, Elder Cherrington is definitely the instigator of the trends. My camera died taking class pics but I'm getting a missionary to send me them!   
 
 



 
I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I saw Sister Vesna Kelsey kicking around the cafeteria occasionally before she left last week, and I've seen Elder Spencer Evans all over the place lately, they're both doing really well! I've been eating a ton! Still loving the corn chowder, and the BYU creamery ice cream bar on Sundays and Wednesdays... Mint Chocolate and Graham Canyon are some personal favs, but I've ran/worked out daily and even got together with the district next door who we're uber close to and played sand volleyball! I've made it through the MTC without gaining a pound! WOOO! 

Last Tuesday Elder Echo Hawk of the Seventy came and spoke to us about exact obedience and his conversion. Fun fact: His grandfather was named Echo Hawk because Hawk means "brave warrior" and people heard of his deeds from one side of the village to the other, so he was the hawk who's deeds were echoed. 

This Sunday Brother Allen spoke to us about repentance and how we should stop murmuring and look forward. He had so many insights and I wish I had time to share them all but I'm running low on time!

Read the Book of Mormon! Read it over and over and over!  The Spirit testifies through it, every time!  I'm so grateful to be serving my Lord and Savior and cannot wait to teach others of the gospel! Thank you all so much for your support and love! 

Sister Baker
 
 
Roses...

Beautiful flower gardens...
 
Our district...

Elders candid shot!

Making hawk like shadows on the wall ...

The Provo temple...

A view of the mountains...

Our Branch president, President Gines, and an out-going and new set of STL's (Sister Training Leaders)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment