Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Boomerangs, Conversions, and Missions

Hey there! 

I'm Sister Jessica Katherine Baker and this is my blog!
I'm just going to go ahead and let you all know that I am not creatively inclined and I am not very good at writing. 

This Blog is a place for me to showcase a weekly letter home, and pictures from my 18 month mission trip with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to Edmonton Alberta. 

You may be wondering about the name of this blog- it may strike you as a bit strange but I do have an explanation! A few summers ago I spent countless days at a very close friends house, her father came up with the brilliant nickname of boomerang based off of the Over the Hedge movie's influence. Despite the squirrel breaking it, throwing it, or lighting it on fire, he cannot get rid of the boomerang. 

As I considered it, the same is true of my relationship with the church. I am a convert to the church and the only active member in my family. When I was younger I often tried to throw myself away from the church but just as the squirrel's boomerang, I could not stay away for long. I am so grateful for the families and examples and lessons that have shown me that I would never want to be anywhere but in this gospel! 

I am about to be set apart so I need to keep this short and sweet but I am so excited to serve the wonderful people of Edmonton Alberta! 

I had the opportunity to go to the temple this past Saturday and it was such an amazing experience! The temple is truly the House of the Lord, I am so blessed to have one so close to home and one in my mission! Never pass up an opportunity to serve those who have passed on in the temple, the blessings that you receive are uncountable. 
 
 


Wish me luck,

Love from Jess! xoxo      

2 comments:

  1. Hay, tell the rest of them divorce is a option it doesnt make you less of a person it like oberation perfectly legal and doesnt compromise your soul to hell please be a good person dont allow a man to treat you with disrespect and not understanding you can be a proper person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are more and your family may hate you be the type who feel proud to understand this and your family will understand that you're independent women with soul

    ReplyDelete